Anyway to disable dns_zone_nscheck in 9.8.0?

Rodney Hives hivesrodney at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 04:23:35 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 4:04 PM, Doug Barton <dougb at dougbarton.us> wrote:
> s/impossible/a matter of actually doing the work/
>
> Please stop foisting your broken stuff on the rest of the Internet. In the
> amount of time you've spent discussing this on the list you could have fixed
> several dozen of those broken zones. :) By actually fixing this you will
> also be doing your customers a favor, as well as reducing support calls.
> Everybody wins.

All I asked was if it was possible.  I just see the problems with the
updates and asked to  see if it was possible to remove that check.
They are not my domains and they are not my name servers.  I just see
the pain it is for some companies to migrate to the newer version of
BIND.  They want the new features like DNSSEC and then they can't load
the zones.... so back they go to the old versions.
If it is the philosophy going forward to not allow this to be skipped
then fine.  If I really wanted it out I'm sure I could comment out the
necessary parts if I looked at it a little.

Since these are not my customers though... I will skip the fixing of
the domains for everyone.  I will do what I can... but after that,
it's their own battle. :-)

--
Best regards,
-Rodney Hives