DNS record delegation

Parashar Singh parashar.singh2003 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 18:42:36 UTC 2011

We want to be able to point the wild card (*.domain.com) and the root domain
(domain.com) to the GLB’s while not breaking the other custom prefixes
within that domain’s record (stage.domain.com, foo.domain.com, etc.).
Except some 10-20 A records, as declared in zone file, for all other DNS
lookup request shall be forwarded to Global Load Balancer.
Allow any records on the DNS server to resolve to the respective records on
DNS.
All other records are captured by the wildcard and load balanced.
The load balancers will forward the queries to the Apache web servers which
will direct users to the appropriate website.

Can you suggest, how we can configure BIND to do above setup.