faster fail-over between multiple masters

Tue Aug 30 17:06:39 UTC 2011

Am 30.08.2011 18:17, schrieb Klaus Darilion:
> 2. Thus, every 4.5 minutes the slave asks both masters for the serial.
> The lookup to M1 works fine, the lookup to M2 of course fails as M2 is
> down and thus bind starts with retransmissions: every lookup has 2
> retransmissions every 15 seconds, then bind this again with a new
> "transaction"

small correction: I observe that bind uses 4 "transactions", with every
transaction having 2 retransmissions with a timeout of 15 seconds. Thus,
during 4x45s=180s bind "blocks" and does not process the notification.

Unfortunately I fail to find the options where I can configure the
number of retransmissions, timeouts and number of transactions - please
give me some hints.

Thanks
Klaus