dotted hostname is bad IMO

Kevin Darcy kcd at chrysler.com
Wed Feb 2 14:37:17 UTC 2011

So, let me see if I have this correctly: you think that DNS architects
and/or planners should constrain their choices with respect to namespace
layout and/or delegation hierarchy, because of some minor performance
considerations, based on your _speculations_ (without any hard evidence)
about how certain cache-fetching algorithms are coded?

                         - Kevin