about the file command

Torinthiel torinthiel at data.pl
Tue Feb 8 10:22:54 UTC 2011

Dnia 2011-02-08 17:40 Terry. napisał(a):

>Hi list,
>
>Can BIND's "file" command referer to more than one zone file?
>For example,
>
>      zone "test.nsbeta.info" {
>           type master;
>           file "a.db";
>           file "b.db";
>      };
>
>When a record doesn't exist in a.db, BIND will continue to look for it in
b.db.

And when it exists in both? Take from a? take from b? take both?
And when there's A for a.example.com in a.db and MX for a.example.com in
b.db? Does this count as existing or not?
I don't think it's possible. can't you do cat a.db b.db > use_this.db or
$INCLUDE one of the files in the second?
or maybe ldns-read-zone to canonicalize records and then some awk to filter
from second zone only records that don't exist in first one.