Please Help

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at tux.org
Fri Feb 18 23:10:22 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 09:53:43AM -0500, Ryan Novosielski wrote:

> Glad to hear it was a help.
>
> Does anyone happen to know if anything changed for .gov addresses just
> last week? This problem appears to have come out of the clear blue sky
> (not that there wasn't plenty of warning) so I have to assume that
> something was just activated.

>From an earlier message:

"A KSK roll for the .gov zone will occur at the end of January, 2011.
This key change is necessitated by a registry operator transition:
VeriSign has been selected by the U.S. General Services Administration
(GSA) to operate the domain name registry for .gov. ..."

Perhaps the new name servers are different somehow.

--
**