caching of expired RRSIG's ?

Florian Weimer fweimer at bfk.de
Mon Jan 3 10:35:29 UTC 2011

* Marc Lampo:

> I agree for the consequence of those "cache misses".
> But doesnot that mean that RFC4035 needs amended to state :
>  "remove atomic entry if *all* its RRSIGs get invalid"
> (because now it states : any = "at least one")

It's about the TTL on the RRSIG RRset, not the signature validity
period.  Conceptually, this TTL applies to the RRset as a whole, not
individual records, even though on the wire, it is repeated for each
record.

--
Florian Weimer                <fweimer at bfk.de>
D-76133 Karlsruhe             fax: +49-721-96201-99