Issue with W2008R2 Registration

Rick Coloccia coloccia at geneseo.edu
Thu Jan 6 14:03:47 UTC 2011

There a patch from MS for using non-ms dns.  I don't know exactly where
to point you, but if you're not using MS DNS you need the patch.  I
needed my server guys to put it on all their windows boxes to make
things work properly.

On 1/6/2011 8:59 AM, Holger Honert wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> we are building up a test environment with W2008R2 Servers registrating
> against a bind dns server version 9.6-ESV.
>
> the win-admin gets an error during installation and we can't even
> identify the error on our dns server. wireshark traces show no errors
> and correct handling.
>
> the error code is:
>
> error code 0x0000251E DNS_ERROR_BAD_PACKET
>
> any ideas?
>
> thx in advance
>
> Holger
>

> SIGNAL Krankenversicherung a. G., Sitz: Dortmund, HR B 2405, AG Dortmund
> IDUNA Vereinigte Lebensversicherung aG für Handwerk, Handel und Gewerbe,
> Sitz: Hamburg, HR B 2740, AG Hamburg
> Deutscher Ring Krankenversicherungsverein a.G., Sitz: Hamburg,
> HR B 4673, AG Hamburg,
> SIGNAL IDUNA Allgemeine Versicherung AG, Sitz: Dortmund, HR B 19108,
> AG Dortmund
> Vorstände: Reinhold Schulte (Vorsitzender),
> Wolfgang Fauter (stellv. Vorsitzender), Dr. Karl-Josef Bierth,
> Jens O. Geldmacher, Marlies Hirschberg-Tafel,
> Michael Johnigk, Ulrich Leitermann, Michael Petmecky,
> Dr. Klaus Sticker, Prof. Dr. Markus Warg
> Vorsitzender der Aufsichtsräte: Günter Kutz
> SIGNAL IDUNA Gruppe Hauptverwaltungen, Internet: www.signal-iduna.de
> 44121 Dortmund, Hausanschrift: Joseph-Scherer-Str. 3, 44139 Dortmund
> 20351 Hamburg, Hausanschrift: Neue Rabenstraße 15-19, 20354 Hamburg

Rick Coloccia, Jr.
Network Manager
State University of NY College at Geneseo
1 College Circle, 119 South Hall
Geneseo, NY 14454
V: 585-245-5577
F: 585-245-5579

CIT will never ask for your password or other confidential information via email.