check the master/slave status

blr maani blrmaani at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 20:08:02 UTC 2011

You can develop scripts to do the following:

Develop script(s) and run on a host which has access to both Master(s) and
Slave(s). The script should do the following:

1. For each zones, check serial number on both master(s) and slave(s) for
the zone and compare it. Report mismatch if any.
2. If you want to compare the zone contents as well  (assuming you don't
trust just the serial numbers), then you can get zone contents via dig AXFR
and do a diff and report diff if any.

If the number of zones or masters or slaves are huge, then you can have
important zone list of list of few masters or list of few slaves and so on..

my 2c

cheers
Blr