rndc addzone and file name

Alan Clegg aclegg at isc.org
Thu Jan 13 15:26:53 UTC 2011

On 1/13/2011 9:43 AM, Peter Andreev wrote:

> I have several includes which are edited via hand-written script and
> now I'm trying to simplify it by using add/delzone options of rndc.

Yay!

> So, the question is: how can I specify files where rndc addzone puts
> new zones' descriptions?

You provide the entire "block" that will be inserted into the
named.conf, so you put it where ever you want.. I must say that I'm not
exactly sure what you mean by "description".

If you want to see a "real life" example, take a look at the slides that
I presented at NANOG -- on the 3rd to last slide, there is an example of
'rndc addzone' that adds, keys and DNSSEC signs the zone.

  ftp://ftp.isc.org/isc/pubs/pres/NANOG/50/DNSSEC-NANOG50.pdf

AlanC