when one view doesn't have the zone

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Fri Jan 21 03:04:23 UTC 2011

>         IP_ADDR_C;
>     };
>     zone "test.com" {
>         type master;
>         file "test.com.c.db";
>     };
>  ----------------------------------
>
> As you see, test.com doesn't have a zone in view_b.
> But view_b should be there because other zones may need it.
>
> So under this case, when clients from ISP_ADDR_B query for test.com, they
> will get nothing.
>
> How can I resolve this problem? Thanks in advance.

Sometimes you have to workout what you want the answer to be before
people can tell you how to achieve it.  This is one of those times.

What do you want the clients that match view_b to see?

I would also suggest that you look at the recent archives of this
list as you may find a solution in there.

Mark