root hints

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at tux.org
Fri Jan 28 03:16:29 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 04:16:47PM +0000, Chris Thompson wrote:
> which puts it in BIND 9.2 but not in 9.1. I can't find any indication
> in the CHANGES files or in my memory that BIND 8 ever had compiled-in
> hints.

Which just shows that my memory going back to BIND 8 has deteriorated.
I apologize for throwing that in - I know I have no sense of time, and I
should have looked it up if I was going to answer it at all.

But I still think it better to have an explicit "root.hints" file than
to trust in the invisible file compiled in.

--
**