Problem with name resolving

Markus Feldmann feldmann_markus at gmx.de
Fri Jul 1 10:02:18 UTC 2011

Hi All,

i have a private Network with a Debian Lenny Server/Router and the
Services BIND9.7.3(DDNS)/DHCP4.1.1/PPPOE3.8/CUPS1.4.4/APACHE2.2.16 and
Kernel 2.6.37.2.

My Problem is that he can not resolve himself and regardless from which
PC i do a ping i can not resolve my two name-based-virtual hosts.
Furhter on i do not know how to setup my network at the best dynamically?

When my pppd program dials in it gets two nameservers which he shall
save in /etc/resolv.conf or not? When i save this two nameservers in
/etc/resolv.conf i have problem too resolve my local network, but when
pppoe does not save these two nameservers, i have problem to resolve
internet names from my server view.

Further on i can not reach my two virtual Apache Hosts
www.feldland.dyndns.org, test.feldland.dyndns.org, but i can reach
feldland.dyndns.org which leads me to test.dyndns.org.

Here are my named-based-virtual hosts defind with port 80:
/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/umleiten --> http://paste.pocoo.org/show/425695/
All request will be redirected to Port 443:
cat /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/standard-ssl --> http://pastebin.com/BPZDTMGF

DDNS/DHCP-Service seems to work. So i post not all configs but only the
involved configs i think.

/etc/resolv.conf:
domain feldland.lan
search feldland.lan
nameserver 0.0.0.0
nameserver 192.168.2.1

/etc/host.conf:
order hosts,bind
multi on

/hostname:
feld-server

/etc/hosts:
127.0.0.1	localhost
192.168.0.186	feld-server.feldland.lan	feld-server

/etc/networks:
default		0.0.0.0
loopback	127.0.0.0
link-local	169.254.0.0

My DNS-server shall only be presentative for my local network regardless
from which Client or Server in my Network and all other Internet request
shall be redirected to my Arcor DNS Server.

Further on i post some commands which evidence my problem:
Some <nslookup> --> http://pastebin.com/aLKay6F9
Some <dig> --> http://pastebin.com/WfCrssMD

Any hints or ideas?

regards Markus