DNS Caching Issue

TCPWave Customer Care customercare at tcpwave.com
Tue Jul 26 13:49:04 UTC 2011

lame-ttl is an option in named.conf which defines the number of seconds
to cache lame delegations or lame servers i.e servers which are marked
as authoitative but do not respond as authoritative. Set that option to
0 so that you will never cache a bad delegation.

max-ncache-ttl sets the maximum time (in seconds) for which the server
will cache negative (NXDOMAIN) answers. Set this option to 60.

See if that helps.