Forward only zones.

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Wed Jul 27 08:15:26 UTC 2011

On 26.07.11 11:11, Vbvbrj wrote:
>But I don't want BIND as a proxy. )

If you want BIND not to cache, you want a proxy. However BIND can't do
this now.

>>>Answers from its cache, that may be out of date.
>>
>>This is tunable via the TTL values on the relevant RRsets. Consult
>>the manual of your authoritative DNS server software, for details.
>TTL or expires must be lowered at microsoft DNS?

yes. TTL for records, expires only if oyou fetch zones. Note that
microsoft's DNS servers are very bad at maintaining zones (especially
those dynamically updated by clients)

99 percent of lawyers give the rest a bad name.