DNS update on host down

david klein root at nachtmaus.us
Thu Jul 28 12:27:37 UTC 2011

There are tools which do this, such as F5's GTM or Cisco's GSS;
essentially, you have multiple servers in a pool/answer group, and
during normal operations, they are handed out in either RR or WRR. If
one server fails his health-check, he is taken out of the mix. I
believe under the covers, it is essentially a rules-engine, BIND,
nsupdate and a few monitoring scripts.

 -DTK