How to improve bind caching dns server performance

David Sparro dsparro at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 12:53:43 UTC 2011

On 6/10/2011 5:04 AM, kshitij mali wrote:
> HI All,
> I am repeated facing SERVFAIL error with respond to dig command .
> but when i dig to known domian like yahoo,gmail.orkut etc then no problem .
> i think there is some perfomance issue with mycaching dns server how to
> check the reson lookup failure
> and how to improve the preformance .

Based on your previous posts to the list, the problem is not with your
caching server.  The problems you've described are the result of bad DNS
entries entered by the owners and operators of the domains that are
producing the errors you see.  There is nothing you can do to fix the
errors you described.

--
Dave