primary and secondary running different versions

Eivind Olsen eivind at aminor.no
Sat Jun 11 12:44:37 UTC 2011

Timo Veith wrote:

> will there arise any problems between primary and secondary if they
> run on different bind versions?

In general no, I wouldn't expect any problems, at least not if you're
running a fairly plain setup (no DLZ database backends etc.)

When that is said, there is the possibility of an more recent version of
BIND being stricter with what it allows in its zonefiles, configuration
file etc.
If you are uncertain about this, I suggest you install BIND on a test
system, and have it load a copy of you production configuration +
zonefiles (or you could run those through named-checkconf /
named-checkzone).

Regards
Eivind Olsen
eivind at aminor.no