How to Setup a Name Servers visible on Internet?

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Tue Jun 14 06:56:45 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 08:11:53AM +0200,
 erickom at kom.za.net <erickom at kom.za.net> wrote
 a message of 86 lines which said:

> root at ns1:~# named-checkzone metropolitanbuntu.co.za
> /var/cache/bind/metropolitanbntu.co.za.inv
> /var/cache/bind/metropolitanbntu.co.za.inv:3: ignoring out-of-zone data
> (0.0.10.in-addr.arpa)
> /var/cache/bind/metropolitanbntu.co.za.inv:13: ignoring out-of-zone
> data
> (41.134.194.90)

What is at line 3? At line 13? As BIND's message says, these data are
outside of the zone.

> Its doesn't point on my public IP who is 41.134.194.90 but on
> 10.0.0.80!

You did not show us the content of the zone file so everything is
possible. What is in the zone file?

Also, never debug DNS with ping (because it involves other actors such
as the stub resolver and its configuration in /etc/resolv.conf). Use
dig.

> My ISP controlling the Cisco router remotely! so I can looking!

You can or you cannot? And, anyway, this is not router's business, but
a DNS issue.