Need some help

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Tue Jun 14 07:11:06 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 12:17:48PM +0530,
 Vignesh Gadiyar <vcgadiyar at gmail.com> wrote
 a message of 41 lines which said:

> i mean in which function do we get the IP addresses looked up from
> the Domain names inputted

I'm afraid there is no simple answer to this question.

> so as to perform the required functions on those ip addresses and
> return my result back to the client.

If you want to hack a name server and return custom results, I suggest
either to wait for BIND 10 (where it will be easier) or to user
another name server such as PowerDNS which has Lua plugins and pipe
backends to make this easy.

BIND 9's strongest point is not the hackability...