How to Setup a Name Servers visible on Internet?

Metropolitan College <Eric Kom> erickom at metropolitanstaff.co.za
Tue Jun 21 10:26:30 UTC 2011

On 21/06/2011 11:59, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 09:34:19AM +0200,
>  Metropolitan College <Eric Kom> <erickom at metropolitanstaff.co.za> wrote
>  a message of 115 lines which said:
>
>> grep named /var/log/syslog on my master:
>
> Great, a message in a normal format (I stopped reading your HTML
> emails).
I'm sorry, I forgot that a terminal mail clients don't support HTMl,

>> zone metropolitanbuntu.co.za/IN: NS 'ns1.metropolitanbuntu.co.za' has no
>> address records (A or AAAA)
>
> It's up to you to add these address records since it is your
> zone. Edit the zone file of metropolitanbuntu.co.za and add the
> addresses. For instance:
>
> ns1   AAAA   2001:db8:cafe::1:53

This seeming to be IPv6 and I don't have a IPv6 connection!

This below is my zone file metropolitanbuntu.co.za.external:

$TTL 3H
metropolitanbuntu.co.za.        IN      SOA
ns1.metropolitanbuntu.co.za.    postmaster.metropolitanbuntu.co.za.     (
                                16              ; serial
                                8H              ; refresh
                                2H              ; retry
                                4W              ; expire
                                1D)             ; default_TTL
;
metropolitanbuntu.co.za.        IN      NS
ns1.metropolitanbuntu.co.za.
metropolitanbuntu.co.za.        IN      NS
ns2.metropolitanbuntu.co.za.
;
metropolitanbuntu.co.za.        IN      MX      10
mail.metropolitanbuntu.co.za.
;
metropolitanbuntu.co.za.        IN      TXT     "Metropolitan College
DNS Server."
;
ns1.metropolitanbuntu.co.za.    IN      A       41.134.194.90
ns2.metropolitanbuntu.co.za.    IN      A       41.134.194.91
www.metropolitanbuntu.co.za.    IN      A       41.134.194.90
mail.metropolitanbuntu.co.za.   IN      A       41.134.194.90

;
ftp     IN      CNAME   www.metropolitanbuntu.co.za.
img     IN      CNAME   www.metropolitanbuntu.co.za.
*       IN      CNAME   www.metropolitanbuntu.co.za.
imap    IN      CNAME   mail.metropolitanbuntu.co.za.
pop     IN      CNAME   mail.metropolitanbuntu.co.za.
pop3    IN      CNAME   mail.metropolitanbuntu.co.za.
smtp    IN      CNAME   mail.metropolitanbuntu.co.za.

>> Since i also introduce the Views, the slave doesn't want to update
>> automatically, I changed it manually!
>
> Views complicate everything and I don't think there is anymore a real
> use for them. I strongly suggest you don't use them.

alright!

But since I got the internal services to resolve, if I remove the
internal resolution, I won't solve request in the case if my internet is
down?
You Truly

Eric Kom

System Administrator - Metropolitan College

2 Hennie Van Till, White River, 1240
Tel: 013 750 2255 | Fax: 013 750 0105 | Cell: 078 879 1334
erickom at kom.za.net | erickom at namekom.co.za | erickom at erickom.co.za
www.kom.za.net | www.kom.za.org | www.erickom.co.za

Key fingerprint: 513E E91A C243 3020 8735 09BB 2DBC 5AD7 A9DA 1EF5