EDNS request problem on TTL=0 data

Scott Mann smann at isc.org
Fri Jun 24 21:11:09 UTC 2011

Hi Paul,

Which version of named are you running? You've likely run into an issue
that we've seen before - basically, as you have surmised, your server
has to retry each query and never gets a response regarding edns (so it
can't "remember"). Let me know which version you are running and I'll
get back to you regarding the availability of a "fix."

You can mitigate this issue by using "edns-udp-size 512" in the
appropriate server clause or use "edns no" to turn off edns altogether.

Thanks,
-Scott