Named.conf logical blocks

David Forrest drf at maplepark.com
Tue Jun 28 19:46:29 UTC 2011

On 06/28/2011 05:53 PM, Stefan Certic wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Does anyone have a sample grammar for pharsing named.conf into a data
> structure? Perl or PHP are preffered, but anything would be fine just to
> get a
> clear picture about grammar and logical blocks.

I send mine through named-checkconf to put it in a consistent state.
This helps to reduce the includes and sort out the views and
blocks logically.

See man named-checkconf.

/usr/local/sbin/named-checkconf -p >/var/named/named.conf.canonical ||\
echo -e "\nConversion failed, as will named if attempted" \
&>>/var/named/named.conf.canonical

--
David Forrest
Maple Park Development Corporation