R: Operating system recommendation

Dan dan at sunsaturn.com
Fri Mar 11 18:14:26 UTC 2011

I'm going to end discussion here Jeff as no "personal attacks" were made,
only possible suggestions to help you and possibly try something new and
exciting in your life, this becomming more of an OS war than anything
useful to Bind mailing list, so its more suited for another forum.

Dan.

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011, Lightner, Jeff wrote:

> I didn't make this a personal attack so don't know why you felt it necessary to go that route.  However, since you did, it is clear from your comments you are BSD fan boy and will say whatever you can, including outright fabrications to make your position seem more valid than those of others.   I've not seen an OS yet that couldn't be rootkitted and implying that RHEL is some how more susceptible to that and that BSD is somehow immune to that is completely disingenuous.
>
> Many organizations choose to use commercial variants of Linux specifically because they prefer to have an external support entity available.   If you had to reinstall RHEL to perform a simple upgrade that says more about your lack of experience with the platform than it does with the platform itself.  In my 20 years of Systems Administration experience I've often made suggestions some heeded and some ignored but always knew I wasn't the tail that wags the dog.   You apparently think you are in your organization so congrats on that.

>>> Stefano.