Need help to know about ROOT DNS query

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
Thu Mar 17 15:13:17 UTC 2011

Zitat von babu dheen <babudheen at yahoo.co.in>:

> Hi,
>
>  We have two internal Windows DNS servers which answer all DNS query
> by forwarding it to gateway DNS server running in Redhat BIND. But i
> have a query regarding allowing ROOT DNS query on internal DNS server.

I guess it does not mean your internal servers should deliver results
for query ". NS" because this is the default and no security risk at
all. I suspect that the demand is for not using the forwarders but do
DNS queries from within the network at its own by asking the root
servers and the whole chain like dig +trace?

Regards

Andreas