subdomain delegation question

dalton stickney daltons.stickney at gmail.com
Sun May 22 22:04:02 UTC 2011

Hi, thanks for the quick replies.
I apologize for the HTML, and the vagueness of the original post.
(this is my first time posting to this list) Let me give some more
specifics here:

This is the zone file for stor.company.com, so i am trying to delegate
subdomain.stor.company.com to the nameserver with hostname
sip.stor.company.com.

$TTL 86400

; Start of Authority
stor.company.com.            86400      IN SOA   ns1.company.com.
       hostmaster.company.com. (
                                                  2011052000 ; Serial
                                                  3600       ; Refresh
                                                  900        ; Retry
                                                  864000     ; Expire
                                                  86400      ; Min TTL
                                                  )
; Host

sip.stor.company.com.                    IN A 10.10.10.10

; Nameserver

subdomain.stor.company.com.                IN NS sip.stor.company.com.
stor.company.com.                        IN NS ns2.company.com.
stor.company.com.                        IN NS ns1.company.com.

I have a named.conf entry as master for stor.company.com.

I thought my glue record was the sip host record, but am i mistaken about that?

I have reloaded the nameserver.

Thanks again for the help.

-dalton