Deny MX query

Kevin Darcy kcd at chrysler.com
Wed May 25 21:16:48 UTC 2011

On 5/25/2011 9:21 AM, Niobos wrote:
> On 2011-05-24 21:58, Warren Kumari wrote:
>> On May 24, 2011, at 1:55 PM, Igor da Silva Cagnin wrote:
>>
>>> I have a doubt about querys, as fact I’d like to deny just querys
>>> type MX. Other querys types must be available. Is it possible?
>>
>> Yes.
>>
>> 1: Don't list the MX record in your zone.
>>
>> or
>>
>> 2: Have multiple views, one with MX records, one without....
>
> No, that would return NODATA. The original poster was looking for a
> "deny", which I interpret as REFUSED.

I think that's a pretty narrow interpretation of "deny".

Definition #2 of "deny" from dictionary.com reads "to refuse to agree or
accede to: to deny a petition", but definition #3 reads "to withhold
thepossession, use, or enjoyment of: to deny access to secret information".

I think returning NODATA falls under definition #3.