Bug in bind 9.7.3?

Eivind Olsen eivind at aminor.no
Thu May 26 22:06:12 UTC 2011

David Sparro wrote:

> I had some of my 9.7.2-P3 boxes die the same way as well.
> dig txt _policy._domainkey.federalreserve.gov
> will trigger the crash as well.
> Not all of my systems seem to be affected, though.  Those that are seem
> to be 100% reproducible.

Just out of curiosity - are anyone seeing these crashes with a BIND that
isn't doing DNSSEC validation?

(I've not been able to reproduce this on any non-validating server yet,
and my validating servers are running some other software at the moment -
I'll enable validation on my test systems and check if I can get them to
crash).

Regards
Eivind Olsen
eivind at aminor.no