Bug in bind 9.7.3?

Eivind Olsen eivind at aminor.no
Fri May 27 21:55:29 UTC 2011

Evan Hunt wrote:
> Yes.  But the problem domain has been corrected, so you won't be able to
> reproduce it now.
> In the interest of preventing this happening again, either by accident
> (as it was in this case) or due to someone crafting a bad zone
> maliciously,
> we will be releasing a patch to all affected versions of BIND 9 as soon as
> I finish turning the crank.

Thanks for letting me know. I should have written this last night after
reading your email, but I went to bed, and upgraded all our nameservers in
the morning instead :-)

I must say - ISC dealt with this issue much faster than I'd have expected
really. No, I'm not saying I'd have expected you to take ages, but
hopefully you know what I'm trying to say here. Keep up the good work!

--
Regards
Eivind Olsen
eivind at aminor.no