Hosting my company DNS server in Internet

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Mon May 30 12:08:54 UTC 2011

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 04:51:18PM +0530,
 babu dheen <babudheen at yahoo.co.in> wrote
 a message of 227 lines which said:

>  I am not sure why i do need to pay money to my ISP for hosting my
> website on my company DNS server.

This sentence seems to indicate that you know very little about
Internet services (hosting a Web site on a DNS server...). In that
case, it would be more careful, as suggested by Fajar A. Nugraha, to
outsource the hosting (and then to spend time learning).

Back to the specific question: if the IAP (Internet Access Provider,
"ISP" is too vague) asks you money to authorize you to deploy a server
on your own machine, switch to another IAP.