Subdomain Issue

Lyle Giese lyle at lcrcomputer.net
Thu Nov 10 18:48:36 UTC 2011

On 11/10/11 12:24, trm asn wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 8:28 PM, Lyle Giese <lyle at lcrcomputer.net
> <mailto:lyle at lcrcomputer.net>> wrote:
>
>     On 11/09/11 15:59, trm asn wrote:
>

>         On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 3:15 PM, Matus UHLAR - fantomas
>         <uhlar at fantomas.sk <mailto:uhlar at fantomas.sk>
>         <mailto:uhlar at fantomas.sk <mailto:uhlar at fantomas.sk>>> wrote:
>
>             Now I have only one question:
>

>             On 08.11.11 20:27, trm asn wrote:
>
>                 The moment I have done the "rndc reload example.com, the domain and all
>
>                 subdomain were became not resolvable.
>

>             what does the named's log say?
>
>             --
>

>         Is there any thing wrong if I declare my zone like this as below...
>
>         $TTL 300
>         @       IN      SOA ns4.example.com.
>         postmaster.example.com. (
>                                          2011110806      ; Serial Number
>                                          10800           ; Refresh after
>         3 hours
>                                          3600            ; Retry after 1
>         hour
>                                          604800          ; Expire after
>         1 week
>                                          300 )         ; Minimum TTL of
>         1 day
>         ; Name servers
>                  IN      NS ns4.example.com
>                  IN      NS ns2.example.com
>                  IN      NS ns1.example.com
>         test    IN    NS ns1973.hostgator.com
>         test    IN    NS ns1974.hostgator.com
>
>                  IN    A    203.39.45.19
>                  IN    MX mail.goole.com
>         www        IN    CNAME example.com
>
>         a        IN    A    203.39.45.20
>         b        IN    A    203.39.45.21
>

>         /\
>         *Tarak*
>         *
>

>     Where are your A records for your name servers, ns1.example.com
>     <http://ns1.example.com>, ns2,example.com <http://example.com> and
>     ns4.example.com <http://ns4.example.com>?
>
>     And please answer the question above, what does the named's log say
>     when starting up?
>
>     Lyle Giese
>     LCR Computer Services, Inc.
>

> ns4 named[3073]: client 116.48.39.92#61358: update 'example.com/IN' denied
>
> ns4 named[3073]: client 116.48.39.92#64924: updating zone
> 'example.com/IN': update failed: 'RRset exists (value dependent)' prerequisite not satisfied  (NXRRSET)
> Above are the logs, & it's flooded with those error messages .

> /\
> Tarak

the first error basically states the zone is not setup for Dynamic DNS
updates or at least not from the ip address 116.48.39.92.  And that is
setup in named.conf, not the zone file(the zone file is what is posted
here).

The second error is a result of the first error.

Lyle Giese
LCR Computer Services, Inc.