bind-9.8.1: INSIST(! dns_rdataset _isassociated(sigrdataset)) failed

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Wed Nov 16 17:22:00 UTC 2011

On Wed, 16 Nov 2011, Lightner, Jeff wrote:

> By "init script" do you mean a script running from inittab doing a respawn?  When I see "init script" I think of scripts run at shutdown and boot in /etc/init.d (or more accurately in /etc/rc?.d run level directories linked to the scripts in init.d).

Sorry. The init script fires of a shell script that runs with a while(1) to start the daemon.

On an openswan machine, see /usr/{local}/lib/ipsec/_plutorun. It is run from the initscript.
It even parses ipsec.conf to look for "plutorestartoncrash=" so you can change that
behaviour (mostly for developers avoiding core file overwrites and our automated test harnass)

Paul