Can't compile bind 9.8.1-P1 on Solaris

Dennis Clarke dclarke at blastwave.org
Thu Nov 17 02:13:24 UTC 2011

> I compiled 9.8.1 on the same server with the same setup. So it is not in
> 9.8.1.

I can not reproduce the problem.

Can you try with Sun Studio 11 or 12 and then see what you get? You know,
it would not be the ffirst time that old GCC on Solaris 10 failed me. If I
need GCC, and I often do, I use our own which is 4.6.2 :

# /opt/bw/bin/gcc --version
gcc (Blastwave.org Inc Mon Nov  7 16:53:21 GMT 2011) 4.6.2

See public test suite results at :
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2011-11/msg01044.html
and http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.6/buildstat.html

I should probably release that soon and then you would have no issues at all.

Dennis

ps: I'm not helping am I ?  I'm trying ... really.

http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x1D936C72FA35B44B