nanny (was Re: bind-9.8.1: INSIST(! dns_rdataset _isassociated(sigrdataset)) failed)

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Fri Nov 18 19:42:11 UTC 2011

On 11/17/2011 13:24, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> Also what other types of nanny scripts do you use? (I already saw other
> emails with a few suggestions.)

Personally I have always thought that the perl script in contrib is
overly complex.

#!/bin/sh

while : ; do
	/path/named -f <whatever other flags you use>
	sleep 17
done

You can tart this idea up with various redirections of stdout/stderr, a
signal catcher to make it easier to kill, etc. Hopefully this is enough
to get people thinking.

hth,

Doug

--

		"We could put the whole Internet into a book."
		"Too practical."