split horizon and zone transfers to secondary DNS servers

Marek Kozlowski kozlowsm at mini.pw.edu.pl
Sat Nov 26 07:59:54 UTC 2011

:-)
>> Or should I use separate secondary DNS servers for internal and
>> external zones?
>
> That depends a bit on your setup. Judicious use of views with ACLs
> could help you solve your problem regarding the zone transfers, but you
> may feel more comfortable with separate servers.

I understand "It depends" as "I may don't need separate servers"
OK. Let's assume I have only one primary and only one secondary DNS. I
have two views on my primary. May I set up the secondary one for two
views as well I make it fully synchronized to the primary one? (AFAIK
for `allow-transfer' I specify IP addresses -- there is only one IP for
the sec.)

Best regards,
/m