Bind 9.9.0b2 inline signing...

Spain, Dr. Jeffry A. spainj at countryday.net
Mon Nov 28 22:10:06 UTC 2011

> > > I don't understand why Windows doesn't include dig by default, even now.  Free software hate?

> > And grep and logrotate!  At least the GnuWin32 project has a good  version of grep.

> I think that if I had to use a Windows workstation my first installs would be the ISC binary kit and wireshark, since AFAIK Windows doesn't come with a packet capture program either. . .

Bill: Microsoft Network Monitor 3.4 is available. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933741. I do prefer Wireshark myself.

Windows PowerShell offers similar functionality to grep in the Select-String cmdlet. See http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd315403.aspx. This goes somewhat against the object-oriented grain of PowerShell, however.

The Windows event viewer can be configured to archive event logs when they reach a certain size, but I don't think this matches the functionality of logrotate.

Jeff.