Choosing max-journal-size

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Nov 30 15:29:11 UTC 2011

On 30/11/11 12:10, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
>> On 30/11/11 10:09, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
>>> Well, that's way too much. The main point of journal is imho to provide
>
> On 30.11.11 11:51, Phil Mayers wrote:
>> I think this is a decision for each operator to make themselves.
>
> I was trying to explain that there are reasonable limits over which
> journalling is useless. However you have deleted the important p

Ha! Nice ;o)

Sorry - the point I was trying to make is that some people may find
journalling beyond the AXFR size useful.

For example: it allows you to use named-journalprint as a primitive time
machine to see old versions of the zone.

But you are correct, as a default the (binary) size of the zone would be
a good default for value of max-journal-size.