Redirecting subdomain to different resolver

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Thu Oct 20 07:22:16 UTC 2011

On 19.10.11 17:26, feralert wrote:
>I have a domain defined within a zone statement so it resolves
>hostnames via the intranet, just like this:
>
>                zone "intradomain.com" { type forward; forwarders {
>10.222.1.21;};};
>

>Now there is this host which does not resolve internally (with an
>intranet ip) but it does externally (wan ip): www.sub.intradomain.com.
>And my problem is that I need to, somehow, override de 'zone
>"intradomain.com"' statement, so this particular host/subdomain would
>resolve externally.

you must configure another zone "www.sub.intradomain.com" or
"sub.intradomain.com".

You can use type "static-stub" since 9.8 instead of "forward", it just
requires using of "server-names" or "server-addresses" instead of
"forwarders".

Note that "forward" ask other servers to resolve a domain (sends
recursive request), while "static-stub" defines servers that provide
the destination domain (sends iterative requests).

So, the "forward" can be configured to fall-back to standard
resolution, and it can resolve delegated subdomains, if the forwarders
allow recursion to you.

Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how popular it remains?