Bug in Bind 9.8 or am I doing something wrong?

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Tue Sep 6 14:13:45 UTC 2011

Lyle Giese <lyle at lcrcomputer.net> wrote:

> zone "chaseprod.local"{
> 	type forward;
> 	forwarders {10.0.100.205;};};
>
> This seemed to work until I added some stuff for DNSSEC to my named.conf.

In order to forward a zone in the presence of DNSSEC validation, the zone
has to have a valid delegation in the public DNS. You can't use forwarding
to splice some private namespace onto the public DNS.

There is a new "static-stub" zone type which should avoid this problem,
though it has a number of other differences from a forwarding
configuration.

Tony.
Forties, Cromarty, Forth, Tyne: Southwest veering northwest 5 to 7, increasing
gale 8 for a time. Moderate or rough, occasionally very rough in Forties. Rain
or squally showers. Moderate or good.