NXDOMAIN redirection in BIND 9.9

Hauke Lampe lampe at hauke-lampe.de
Fri Sep 30 09:50:51 UTC 2011

On 29.09.2011 23:06, Bill Owens wrote:

> *except that perhaps those who enable this feature will use it as an excuse to avoid enabling validation, which would be a very bad result, IMO. . .

My reading of the docs says that BIND's NXDOMAIN redirections won't
break DNSSEC-signed results:

"If the client has requested DNSSEC records (DO=1) and the NXDOMAIN
response is signed then no substitution will occur."

I didn't get it to work, yet, though. After enabling the redirect zone,
BIND goes into an endless loop of zone_timer/zone_maintenance/zone_settimer.

I'll try 9.9.0a2 later today.

Hauke.