How to configure Bind9 to forward AAAA records only?

Bear jilingshu at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 10:13:13 UTC 2012

hi all,
I installed bind9 on my server and configure it to forward all queries
to my ISP DNS, it's works great. But I found sometimes, when a domain
have both AAAA and A records, my operating system (iOS and Windows) will
access IPv4 address instead of IPv6 one, which I don't expected.
Now I wanna configure my bind9 to forwards all queries and check them --
if my ISP DNS return both AAAA and A records, just return AAAA records
to client and drop A records.
Is this possible? How to do with it? Thanks.

BTW: Some domains, such as "battle.net", have both AAAA and A records,
but the latency of IPv4 is less that that of IPv6, so I have to
specified some domain to override the rules above....