BIND 9.8.2 is now available

Mark K. Pettit pettit at yahoo-inc.com
Tue Apr 10 22:14:14 UTC 2012

I will take this opportunity now to point out that upgrading to 9.9.X from any release prior to it might cause problems if you have any slave zones.  9.9.X by default saves slave zone files using "masterfile-format raw;", and 9.8.X and earlier defaults to "masterfile-format text;".

It's easy to fix if you convert all of your slave zones beforehand with named-compilezone.

That's the one big gotcha I've been dealing with at my job.  I didn't see any gotchas going from 9.7.X to 9.8.X.