journal rollforward failed: journal out of sync with zone

Cathy Almond cathya at isc.org
Fri Apr 13 08:20:41 UTC 2012

Is the journal file on the master (the source of the zone files that are
transferred via cron jobs) or on the slave (the recipient of the zone
files)?

Why are you using ixfr-from-differences - what operational purpose does
it serve for you?

The other thing to consider also is your operational processes.  If you
might occasionally have more than one instance running (albeit briefly
and or accidentally), bear in mind that both instances will be trying to
manage the .jnl files, and that this can lead to inconsistencies.