how can i recognize dnssec servers

William SAMEN thierry.samen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 16:39:42 UTC 2012

Hi, all Bind'ers
i'm just trying to write a bash script which allow me to collect a list of zones which are signed with dnssec by giving a file of request in argument.
So my problem is that i  created my personnal DNS with 3 signed zones when i'm testing all is good but when i made a dig +dnssec on gandi.net domain (for example) my dns server didn't return me a RRSIG in the answer section is it ok?
Did you think i had a mistake on my named configuration? recursion is working very well but
how can i do to know that a zone or domain has been signed? a dig +dnssec is the best or the only way to know that?

Thank's for your help!!!

William Thierry SAMEN