rndc signing -nsec3param

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Sun Aug 12 18:33:25 UTC 2012

Have a look in the BIND log files when you are doing this....

Look for lines containing: zone_addnsec3chain

for example, try changing just the salt...
(which is something one might do periodically...)
It all starts to make more sense.

I agree with the original posting thought - some more examples might
make this all much clearer.

--
  .  .     ___. .__      Posix Systems - (South) Africa
 /| /|       / /__       mje at posix.co.za  -  Mark J Elkins, Cisco CCIE