ho to filter hundeds of domains ?

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Thu Aug 30 17:34:25 UTC 2012

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 03:18:25PM +0200, fddi wrote:
> On 8/30/12 3:14 PM, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> >On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 01:34:07PM +0100,
> >  Niall O'Reilly <Niall.oReilly at ucd.ie> wrote
> >  a message of 32 lines which said:
> >
> >>	Don't waste your time.
> >>
> >>	This approach is superficial.
> >
> >http://www.bortzmeyer.org/images/please-close-gate.jpg :-)
>
> Often it is not you who have to decide what to do, but you
> receive orders.

People who don't fully understand an issue really do not have any
business managing it. This is a basic law of nature.

> It is never a good thing to mock people.

People who have made bad decisions based on ignorance of the subject
matter certainly do deserve criticism for what they have done, no? I
think they do. The emperor is wearing no clothes!

Sometimes, humor is a good way to get the point across.

The proper thing to do, if in a position of authority, is to educate
oneself on the matter at hand, and if unable for some reason, to pass
authority to someone who DOES understand it.

DNS is not simple, but I bet I could spend a day or so with some non-
technical person of reasonable intelligence and get him/her up to
speed as to why ideas like this are bad.

No, it's not practical for every ignorant politician to hire a DNS-
capable geek to help learn the basics, but lack of practicality does
not make wrong any less wrong.