dhcp error messages

sthaug at nethelp.no sthaug at nethelp.no
Thu Aug 30 18:08:02 UTC 2012

> I have started getting  error sending response: not enough free resources
> on my dhcp server during random times during the day.  Google isnt
> providing much other than it could be an issue with the switch, or a
> network card issue.   top on the server doesnt show it using hardly any
> resources at all.  Are there settings in dhcp that I can set that will give
> it more resources to use?

If you are using ISC DHCP, I would stronglu recommend the dhcp-users
mailing list instead of the bind-users mailing list. Also, some more
information would be useful, for instance what OS you are using.

The message is *presumably* because your OS is low on some resource.
If you don't find out *which* resource it is kind of hard to get any
further...

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug at nethelp.no