bind-9.8.1-P1: Recursive failed on fresh config

Drunkard Zhang gongfan193 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 06:55:07 UTC 2012

2012/2/2 Mark Andrews <marka at isc.org>:

>        CNAME as nameservers *cannot* be made reliable.  Static-stub
>        can be used as a workaround but it doesn't scale.
>        Misconfiguration like this just need to be fixed.

Thanks, I digged rfcs, and found THE misconfig scene in rfc1912:

2.4 CNAME records

   A CNAME record is not allowed to coexist with any other data.  In
   other words, if suzy.podunk.xx is an alias for sue.podunk.xx, you
   can't also have an MX record for suzy.podunk.edu, or an A record, or
   even a TXT record.  Especially do not try to combine CNAMEs and NS

张绍文
gongfan193 at gmail.com
zhangsw at gwbnsh.net.cn
18601633785