Efficacy of using short timeout values for an A record

Marc Lampo marc.lampo at eurid.eu
Wed Feb 15 08:38:15 UTC 2012

More or less !

While I don't think it's a bug - I actually like the good feature ! -
Bind does allow to change some values in replies to make them "more
reasonable".

With respect to "TTL", there are :
max-ncache-ttl : max negative cache time
	(defaults to 3 hours - with built-in, not changeable, max of 7
days)
and
max-cache-ttl : max positive cache time
	(defaults to 7 days)

(other values that can be "corrected" are max and min refresh and retry
times,
 thus protecting a slave server from "unreasonable" values sent by the
master.
 Recommended ! )

Kind regards,

Marc Lampo