block ddns by name

Tom Schmitt TomSchmitt at gmx.de
Thu Feb 16 15:22:19 UTC 2012

> Von: Tony Finch <dot at dotat.at>

> > Does anyone know if there is a way to prevent the creation of certain
> > records - by name?
>
> 	update-policy {
> 		deny "*" name "internal.example.com";
> 		# ...
> 	};

Hi,

I have a quite similar question but can't figure it out from the doc for update-policy:

I have a few DHCP-clients which are sending really stupid hostnames to the DHCP and via DHCP they got into my DNS zones.

Example: A few IP-phones are sending as their hostname eight times xFF. And this not printable name is then in DNS where I (and a few older nameserver) don't want it.

So is there something possible like
update-policy { deny "*" name /^a-zA-Z0-9_\-/; };
?

(For thos who don't speak regex: deny all names with something in it what is no letter or digit or underscore or dash.

Tom.